Photo by Roland Skinner – www.picturesquebermuda.com
Welcome to Bermuda
Bermuda is a 21 square mile (56 kilometers) land area cluster of mostly interconnected small islands in the north-west Atlantic Ocean. One of the nine smallest places in the world, it is located about 600 miles due east of the nearest mainland. Many people are surprised to learn that it is not in the Caribbean, but 900 miles north of it.
Where to stay
Bermuda has a wide variety of accommodations to suit any type of vacation. Choose from the following to get your Bermuda Trip started.
- Apartments – for those looking for a ‘home away from home’ vacation feel.
- Cottages – Cottage Colonies are uniquely Bermudian and have a variety of amenities.
- Flotels – Why stay on land when you can set sail and enjoy Bermuda by sea?
- Guest Houses – Provide a level of comfort and charm uniquely their own.
- Hotels – Spread through the island and offer convenient access to many of the islands top sights and attractions
- Inns or Beds and Breakfasts – Scenic ocean views and centrally located properties with self service ammenities.
- Resorts – Stunning properties with all the amenities; from world class spa’s to fine dining.
- Small Hotels -Small hotels are the backbone of the Bermuda hospitality industry, each one of them has their own personality.
- Vacation Ownership – Owning a piece of Bermuda is a wise choice for the repeat visitors.
Once you are on the island, getting around to see all the sights is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Things to do
Bermuda has many things to do while on island
- Book tours and activities online via Bermuda.com
- Check out the variety of attractions Bermuda has to offer
- Take part in one of the many popular island activities like golfing or renting a scooter
- Do some shopping for some unique Bermudian jewelery or pick up a pair of Bermuda shorts
- Enjoy some local seafood at one of our fantastic restaurants
- Get wet and have some fun with some water sport activities
- Relax and enjoy one of Bermuda’s tranquil pink beaches
Getting to Bermuda
Due to its geographical location, getting to Bermuda is easy by air or sea.
Arriving by Air.
There are daily direct flights to Bermuda from the US, Canada and UK. Some are daily year-round, others are bi-weekly or seasonal (usually May to October). With flights just over 2 hours long, your Bermuda vacation has never felt so close.
The following airlines provide non-stop service to Bermuda.
From The United States
- American Airlines. Daily to/from New York, Miami and Philadelphia
- Delta Air Lines. Daily to/from Atlanta, Boston and New York.
- JetBlue. Daily flights to/from New York.
- United Airlines. Bi-weekly to/from New York.
From the United Kingdom
- British Airways. Daily flight from London, England (Gatwick).
Arriving by Sea:
- Celebrity Cruises. “Summit” from Cape Liberty, New Jersey (May-September)
- Norwegian Cruise Line. “Norwegian Breakaway” from New York (May-October) and “Norwegian Dawn” from Boston (May-October)
- Royal Caribbean. “Explorer of the Seas” from Cape Liberty, New Jersey (April-October) and “Grandeur of the Seas” from Baltimore (May-October)