The First Baptist Church of Bermuda was organized July 22, 1956 with thirty members. Initially it ministered to members of the military community from the U.S. Air Force Base, which later was transferred to the U.S. Navy. The present church building was constructed in 1965 and has had one addition. The church owns two houses, one for the missionaries and one for the pastor. The church also has a large playground area and parking area. In its forty-plus year history, the church has had five pastors. During this time the Foreign Mission Board, SBC, has provided assistance with pastoral leadership; however, the church is now fully self-supporting. The church maintains relationship with the Bermuda Baptist Fellowship, the Caribbean Baptist Fellowship, the Southern Baptist Convention, and the Baptist World Alliance. A mission-minded church, FBC gives liberally to mission causes and participates in local and foreign missions.
No review box found! Insert a valid box ID.