St. Joseph’s is the oldest standing Catholic church in Bermuda. In 1928 Edward Crawley donated land, material and money for the building of St. Joseph’s because he wanted a church which was closer to where he lived than the Dockyard chapel or old St. Edward’s in Hamilton. A small Gothic structure, now somewhat obscured by later additions, the church was a memorial to members of the Crawley family. A plaque which still adorns the wall to the right of the original entrance to the church acknowledges their gift. After the closure of St. Edward’s in 1931, St. Joseph’s became and remains the oldest Catholic church in Bermuda.
Sunday Mass: 9:30 AM
Baptisms: By appointment
Confessions: Anytime by appointment
- Phone: 1 441 234 2321
- Address: 43 Middle Road, Somerset, Bermuda
- Email: email@example.com