The impressive Gothic vestige that looms over the town of St. George‰’s was begun in 1870 as a replacement for St. Peter’s, which had fallen into a state of serious disrepair. Designed by William Hay, the Scottish-born architect who later drew the plans for Hamilton‰’s cathedral, the St. George’s church was abandoned in 1899 when near completion.

  • Phone:
  • Address: Duke of Kent Street, St. George's
  • Email: